UZB: Second CAREC Corridor 2 Road Investment Program – Tranche 2 - Land Acquisition and Resettlement Plan (LARP) A373/4P112 Pungan - Namangan highway
(KM 0- KM 75)
Sambo Engineering / The Republican Road Fund (RRF)
The aim of this LARP is to mitigate all involuntary resettlement impacts caused by the project and provide adequate resettlement and rehabilitation assistance
to the affected households to restore or improve their pre-project standard of living.
The Project construction would entail land acquisition and involuntary resettlement impacts on land, business and residential/commercial structures. The
census identified a total of 320 affected households (AHs) comprising of 1839 persons that will be adversely affected as a result of the Project. The
majority (220 AHs) are in the Turakugon district, followed by Chust (65 AHs) and Pop districts (35 AHs).
Description of actual services provided in the assignment
The LARP has been prepared on the basis of the census and socioeconomic survey and consultation with various stakeholders in compliance with the ADB’s
Safeguard Policy Statement (SPS) 2009 to protect the rights of the AHs/APs. The issues / aspects identified and addressed in this LARP are as follows:
- Inventory of all kind of losses, irrespective of title of affected households;
- Type and extent of loss of land and non-land assets, loss of livelihood or income opportunities and common property resources and social infrastructure;
- Impacts on Vulnerable groups;
- Consultation with stakeholders and scope of peoples participation in the project;
- Legal framework;
- Entitlement matrix with details of all entitlements for each category of loss and provisions for special assistance for vulnerable households and
severely affected households, relocation assistance and support for restoration of businesses/income;
- Grievance redressal mechanism.
- Cost Estimates for LARP implementation;
- Institutional framework for LARP implementation
- Monitoring and evaluation mechanism.